Join C4 – Young Professionals Service Group
For infomation about C4 and
upcoming events, like C4
on Facebook, or email
Catholic Charities Community Connect (C4) offers opportunities for young professionals to connect through networking and service via a stress-free structure matching your ever busy lifestyle.
Once a quarter, you will have an opportunity to participate with a service learning project or fundraiser event. Social networking will focus around community needs, and sharing new approaches to meeting these needs.
Rewarding Opportunities Await You!
- Make new meaningfrul connections
- Volunteer when it's needed most
- Help fundraise for CCWM initiatives
- Feel great about making an impact!
Three Levels of Involvement
- Social membership: We simply ask that you attend some or all of the C4 events, have fun, and support the cause! Encourage your family and friends to attend as you wish.
- Planning subcommittee: In addition to the Social leve, you will help plan one or more events throughout the year by participating on a planning committee wiht recurring meetings and possible additional duties.
- Leadership committee: In addition to the Social level, you would help plan three of the four events each year and participate on the Leadership Committee for C4. You are eligible to be a Leadership member once you have helped plan at least one event from start to finsih at the Event Planning Commiteee. Leadership meets quarterly and members are asked to contribute $20 annually to C4's operating costs.
Our Annual Events
Winter: Soup's On For All!
- This annual fundraiser is hosted at the B.O.B. and raises over $100,000 for the food and pantry programs of Catholic Charities West Michigan (CCWM).
- Soup's ON guests sample a selection of soups, breads, and amazing desserts, and enjoy a variety of entertainment by local performers and bands.
- C4 volunteers can help serve food, set up, greet guests, network and raise awareness about C4
Spring: C4 Baby and Toddler Pantry Shower
- Co-ed event hosted at a local hotspot
- Guests bring in-kind donations to supply the pantry wiht items such as clothing and accessories (i.e. diapers to car seats).
- All items and proceeds from this event go straight God's Kitchen Baby and Toddler Pantry and then to low income and homeless families in the Grand Rapids community.
Summer: C4 Yard Game Olympics
- A fun summer day where teams of two compete in corn hole, ladder golf, and bocce ball to raise money for the Casa Family Support Center, a CCWM residential home for foster families
Fall: C4 God's Kitchen Food Drive
- The C4 food drive is scheduled in the fall to support God's Kitchen during a high need tim; most other food drives are hosted around the holidays
- Volunteers find local businesses and organizations to host food barrels and help place them throughout the Greater Grand Rapids area
We encourage members to bring a friend or co-worker along so they can meet other great people and expand our ability to serve the community around us!