Post Abortion Healing (Project Rachel)
8Approximately 60 million women and men in the U.S. have lost a child to abortion. More than half report some negative feelings. Millions suffer in silence from unresolved grief, anger, and fear.
Project Rachel offers opportunities for reconciliation and healing for women, and for all, who suffer emotional and spiritual pain from an abortion experience. Project Rachel tries to reach out to others with the compassion and mercy of Christ encouraging everyone to learn about post-abortion healing and to listen with compassion.
Project Rachel offers:
- A confidential phone line for a referral to a counselor or priest who will lead you through the process of mourning, while conveying the healing forgiveness and love offered by Christ.
- Individual counseling to help you deal with issues of anger, guilt and unexpressed grief.
- Support groups with others dealing with post-abortion aftermath; group meetings include prayer, video lessons, scripture and personal reflection, and conclude with a healing prayer service or Mass.
- A library of books, brochures, articles, videos, audio cassette and other materials available in both English and Spanish.
- Speakers available for presentations to church, school, college, youth groups, and adult education.
- Memorial prayer services, Mass and other events held throughout the year for all who grieve the loss of a child through miscarriage, stillbirth, SID, neonatal loss, illness, accident, or suicide.
Rachel’s Vineyard Retreat Weekends
Designed to help anyone who struggles with the aftermath of abortion, the weekend is a process designed to help you get away from the daily pressures of life to focus on buried emotions and begin healing through a supportive, trauma-sensitive approach. Each weekend is run by a team of trained volunteers (counselors, priests, and lay people), who care deeply about your healing and are sensitive to your needs. Many team members have suffered the trauma of abortion. We understand that your loss may be something you have never shared with another person, even those who are closest to you. All interactions with the Rachel’s Vineyard retreat team are completely confidential.Retreat weekends are generally held in the spring and the fall in the Greater Grand Rapids area. We also hold a retreat in Kalamazoo once a year.
Weekend Retreat Fee: $150 (includes room for two nights, meals, and retreat materials). No one will be turned away for inability to pay the retreat fee. Scholarships are available.
To ensure your reservation, please register early. Deadline is one week before the retreat. If you have missed the deadline, please call or e-mail to see if space is still available. All correspondence and phone contact is completely confidential. The pain of abortion need not endure for a lifetime. For information about how Project Rachel can help you or a loved one or to register for a retreat:
Contact Maggie Walsh